Several have asked "How long are you going to stay?", so I thought I'd take some time to let you know are future possible plans! I'll start with the kids. They want to stay and attend Pioneer school here. Last year that took place in July with two schools, one in El Salvador and one in Roatan, Honduras. This year we don't know yet, trying to find that out!
In May, Ashlie and Austin will have been married for a year, that will qualify them to be able to apply for Bethel as a married couple. They have their applications filled out and will be turning them in later. They are anxiously waiting to hear school dates, so they can put a date in their apps as to when they will be available for Bethel service. If they are accepted (keep that in your prayers), they want to return to KC to see friends and family before heading to NY. If school is held in July again, they look to be back in KC in August.
As for our next fledgling leaving the nest, Morgan too plans to stay to attend Pioneer school here. If that happens in July, she too will head back to KC in August. Her plans, once she gets back to KC, is to continuing pioneering and getting a job to save money to serve in Ireland for a few months and possibly doing some island witnessing in Scotland during the summer of 2016. When some have heard of her plans, they ask "How do you feel about that?" I can tell you that although that makes me extremely sad knowing that she will be away from me, it makes me extremely happy knowing she is putting Jehovah first in her life and wanting to explore areas where she can serve him where the need is great. I am sooo proud of her! As for both my girls, I can't put it any better than 3 John 4 : "No greater joy do I have than this: that I should hear that my children go on walking in the truth!"
Now as for Mike and I. I am grateful for this experience and being able to pioneer together as a family! Looking forward to attending Pioneer school again(first time was with my mom) but this time will be with my dear husband, my two beautiful daughters and my wonderful son-in-law! As of right now, if no one else moves into the congregation, come May, our congregation will be down to 2 elders, Mike and Neto (a newly appointed elder). I know Mike will not leave during that time, so as of right now we don't know how long we will stay here. We have been talking about applying for Bethel ourselves or maybe even International construction work, so time will only tell what is in our future plans to serve Jehovah in these last days!
Please know that you are all in our prayers and we love and miss you dearly! May Jehovah continue to bless you all in your service to him!
No comments:
Post a Comment